Thursday, January 10, 2013

If You're Going To San Francisco

Well the day is finally here! No longer will you have to read me lamenting about “the countdown!” In a couple of hours my family and I will head out to San Francisco. I’m really happy that this time around I’ll be able to spend the day before staging with them. Last time I was all alone in Washington DC with nothing to do besides wander around the Georgetown campus and scrape for food when the power went out and all the restaurants by my hotel closed for the night.

On the agenda for the day: hit up Ghirardelli for some chocolate to bring my host family (Oh integration! You begin so early!), either in-and out or some bomb Italian for lunch, and dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant with views of the entire city. It’ll be a bittersweet day, but a fun one at that!

Last night I had a dream that Peace Corps caught me in San Francisco before staging without filling out leave log (required paperwork whenever I’m not at site) and that they decided not to let me go to Thailand. It was not a pleasant dream, but I woke up, realized it for the tom-foolery that it was, and slept soundly for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow at noon staging will begin and I’ll be able to meet the other volunteers that I’ll be serving with before we all fly out to Thailand together. This’ll be my last post from here in the States; the next time I post I’ll be a hot sweaty mess in Thailand suffering the heat and humidity. As my niece Bella would say: “I so excited!”

Peace out peeps!
Peace out America!

No comments:

Post a Comment